The Emerson College Police Department provides the Incident Journal to the Beacon every week. Beacon staff edit the Incident Journal for style and clarity but not for content.
Wednesday, March 13
A Colonial residence hall elevator entrapment left one student uninjured. ECPD and Facilities Management responded to the scene four minutes after they were called. They opened the elevator’s doors and freed the student. An officer indicated that the issue was resolved at approximately 12:10 a.m. It is unclear from the ECPD crime logs how long the student was stuck in the elevator.
Thursday, March 14
ECPD and the Boston Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the 12 Hemenway residence hall triggered by burnt popcorn inside of a microwave. There were no fires or injuries to report.