biEntry of the Week:/b/i A member of the athletics department reported that an athletic van was broken into while it was parked at a sports facility in the town of Danvers. The right passenger window of the van was broken and a coach’s bag and other items were stolen. The possessions stolen were valued at $200.
bTuesday, March 3/b
The Emerson College Police Department reported to 260 Tremont St.because a suspicious male on the 5th floor. Officers searched the building, but couldn’t find anyone matching the description in the report.
ECPD took an Emerson student to New England Medical Center for suspected food poisoning.
bWednesday, March 4/b
ECPD reported to the 8th floor of 120 Boylston St. after a student was taken out of class for severe abdominal chest pains. The student was taken by ambulance to Tufts Medical Center.
bThursday, March 5/b
A fire alarm went off at 80 Boylston St. after cleaning of grills by Aramark employees caused smoke.
bFriday, March 6/b
Officers responded to the lobby of 80 Boylston St. where a male was loitering and refusing to leave. Officers informed the male that he would have to leave or be arrested, and the man requested an ambulance for an injured knee. The man was taken to Tufts Medical Center.
An unknown person called the Boston Fire Department and reported a fire on the roof of 100 Boylston St. The fire department investigated the claim, but the report was erroneous.
bTuesday, March 10/b
A strong odor of gas emanated from the basement of 219 Tremont St. National Grid was called and reported there was a small gas leak, but employees were not in danger. Workers attempted to fix the problem on the corner of LaGrange and Tremont streets.
bWednesday, March 11/b
A Fresh Start catering truck struck a gate at the rear of the Masonic Temple while making deliveries, causing damage to the gate. The gate belongs to the Ritz-Carlton.
bFriday, March 13/b
An officer on patrol in front of 211 Tremont St. was approached by a homeless female complaining of chest pains. An ambulance was called and the woman was taken to Tufts Medical Center.
ECPD received a call from 219 Tremont St. for reports of a gas odor. Officers arrived, determined there was a strong odor of gas, and evacuated the building. National Grid was called and ordered employees out of the building until the problem was fixed. Employees were let back into the building by the end of the day.
An Emerson alumnus reported $50 stolen from his wallet inside a locker at the fitness center at 80 Boylston St. The alumnus had believed the locker was secured, but the lock was not locked.
bSunday, March 15/b
An Emerson student reported receiving threatening messages on his Facebook. The matter is under investigation by ECPD.